NFL Power Rankings Week 8: The top seven from last week's Sportsbook.com NFL Power Rankings retained their places as they all either won or sat out with a bye. Several teams fell and fell hard, though, including the Saints (8 to 13), Vikings (13 to 18), and Cowboys (20 to 25), as their preseason reputations have far exceeded their regular season play through seven weeks of action.
1. New York Jets (5-1 SU) (5-1 ATS): The bye may have provided some good rest, but it did not produce any breathing room as the Pats improved to 5-1.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-1 SU) (4-2 ATS): Even good teams need the occasional lucky break.
3. New England Patriots (5-1 SU) (3-2-1 ATS): It wasn't pretty, but they survived a tough road game against a desperate opponent.
4. Indianapolis Colts (4-2 SU) (3-2-1 ATS): They certainly did not come out of the bye healthy.
5. Baltimore Ravens (5-2 SU) (3-3-1 ATS): Giving up 500 yards at home to the Bills is not a good sign.
6. Tennessee Titans (5-2 SU) (5-2 ATS): Twenty-seven point quarters are nice when you can get them.
7. Atlanta Falcons (5-2 SU) (4-3 ATS): Nice rebound from an ugly road loss.
8. New York Giants (5-2 SU) (4-3 ATS): The Giants are beginning to look like the class of the NFC.
9. Houston Texans (4-2 SU) (2-3-1 ATS): Monday night will let everyone know just where this team is at.
10. Kansas City Chiefs (4-2 SU) (5-1 ATS): Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones are a devastating one-two punch at running back.
11. Philadelphia Eagles (4-3 SU) (3-4 ATS): Kolb's performance against the Titans made Andy Reid's quarterback decision much easier.
12. Green Bay Packers (4-3 SU) (3-4 ATS): Sunday night's win was huge, especially with a road game against the Jets up next.
13. New Orleans Saints (4-3 SU) (1-5-1 ATS): Drew Brees looks to be pressing just a bit, and the results are not good.
14. Washington Redskins (4-3 SU) (4-1-2 ATS): It's always nice to see Jay Cutler humbled…wait a minute.
15. Miami Dolphins (3-3 SU) (4-2 ATS): Yeah, they lost, but they at least bloodied the Steelers nose.
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-2 SU) (2-3-1 ATS): Josh Freeman is turning into a clutch performer.
17. Seattle Seahawks (4-2 SU) (4-2 ATS): Marshawn Lynch was a nice addition and the defense looks better every week.
18. Minnesota Vikings (2-4 SU) (2-3-1 ATS): Favre's streak may be in jeopardy, but maybe that's what this team needs.
19. San Diego Chargers (2-5 SU) (2-5 ATS): How does a team hold the Patriots to 179 total yards and lose? By turning the ball over four times.
20. Oakland Raiders (3-4 SU) (4-3 ATS): The Raiders have found a recipe for success, unfortunately for Oakland fans the team will not face the Broncos run defense every week.
21. St. Louis Rams (3-4 SU) (5-2 ATS): This team is still learning how to close out games, but the future looks promising.
22. Chicago Bears (4-3 SU) (3-4 ATS): The offense is in disarray and Cutler and Martz may be too arrogant/stubborn to notice.
23. Cleveland Browns (2-5 SU) (3-3-1 ATS): The Browns broke out all their tricks to produce that treat.
24. Detroit Lions (1-5 SU) (5-1 ATS): Despite the record, the Lions are an improved team; however, 1-7 is a distinct possibility with the Redskins and Jets on the docket.
25. Dallas Cowboys (1-5 SU) (1-5 ATS): They need a Texas sized toilet to flush this turd of a season.
26. Denver Broncos (2-5 SU) (2-5 ATS): If you can't run or stop the run the prospects of a winning season are not good.
27. Cincinnati Bengals (2-4 SU) (2-4 ATS): How far away is this team from a major meltdown?
28. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-4 SU) (3-4 ATS): Jack Del Rio's Jaguar days are almost certainly coming to a close.
29. San Francisco 49ers (1-6 SU) (2-5 ATS): Mike Singetary's Niner days should have already come to a close.
30. Arizona Cardinals (3-3 SU) (2-4 ATS): Enjoy the .500 record Cardinal fans because this team will be lucky to top six wins.
31. Carolina Panthers (1-5 SU) (2-4 ATS): The Niners were just what the doctor ordered.
32. Buffalo Bills (0-6 SU) (2-4 ATS): The offense put on a great show, but there are two other facets of play.
Get a 50% Deposit Bonus and $25 Free Bet at SPORTSBOOK.com, simply use promo code WIN50 and start winning today!