The Dallas Stars have to give it their all Saturday night if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive. The Detroit Red Wings host the Dallas Stars for Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals. Detroit leads 3-1. Oddsmakers at SBGglobal.com have the Red Wings as -260 moneyline favs over the Stars +220 with the over/under posted at 5 goals. Get your NHL Playoff Prediction in now at SBGglobal.com
The Stars weren’t about to be swept on home ice. Thanks to goals from Loui Eriksson, Mike Modano and Brendan Morrow they avoided an early golf season. They finally connected on their power play and their penalty kill has stopped the Wings deadly power play in two straight games. It will be a true test for goalie Marty Turco who has never won a game in Detroit. He is 4-4 on the road in the playoffs with a 2.50 GAA. Overall he is 9-7 SU with a 2.03 GAA. The Stars are averaging 26 shots on net per game and they have averaged 1.80 GAG in their last five games. The last time the Stars beat the Wings in Detroit was March 30, 2007 after it ended 4-3 in overtime.
The Red Wings are great with or without their top player. Johan Franzen leads the Wings with 12 goals and is not expected to return until the Stanley Cup Finals. But since he’s been out Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk have stepped it up, Datsyuk recorded a hat trick in Game 3 and Zetterberg was the lone scorer last game. Goalie Chris Osgood suffered his first loss in these playoffs. Osgood is 9-1 with a 1.62 GAA overall and at home he is 7-0 with a 1.42 GAA. The Wings defense allows the least amount of shots to hit the net and their offense puts the most shots on net. They are looking like Stanley Cup Finalists or Champs already.
Recent Trends to Consider
- Stars are 1-5 in their last 6 vs. Central.
- Stars are 1-5 in their last 6 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Stars are 0-4 in their last 4 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Red Wings are 8-0 in their last 8 playoff games as a favorite of -201 or greater.
- Red Wings are 4-0 in their last 4 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Red Wings are 11-1 in their last 12 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Red Wings are 7-1 in their last 8 playoff games as a favorite.
- Home team is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings.
- Stars are 0-4 in the last 4 meetings in Detroit.
GAME: Dallas Stars (45-30) at Detroit Red Wings (54-21)
DATE/TIME: Sat, May 17 – 1:30 PM EST
LINE: SBGglobal.com TOTAL: 5
PICK: Detroit -260
The Bottom Line: There’s no chance that Dallas will beat the Wings at home. Get your NHL Playoff Prediction in now at SBGglobal.com and receive a 10% sign-up bonus on your initial deposit.