The Philadelphia Flyers hope a trip back home can get them on the board in the Stanley Cup Final when they host the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3 tonight, Wednesday June 02, at Wachovia Center. The Blackhawks lead 2-0. NHL oddsmakers at BODOG.com have the Flyers as -140 moneyline home favorites over the Blackhawks (+120) with the over/under set at 5.5 goals. Be sure to get your 2010 Stanley Cup Finals: Chicago Blackhawks vs Philadelphia Flyers Game 3 Odds & Predictions in now at BODOG.com
The Blackhawks earned a 2-1 decision in Monday's second contest to grab a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series. Chicago is 18-2 all-time when winning the first two games of a playoff series and is now just two wins away from its first Stanley Cup title since 1961.An even better stat is their road record in these playoffs. Chicago has been just as good on the road, posting a 7-1 record away from the Windy City. Goalie Antti Niemi, who was lit up for five goals on 32 shots in Game 1, had a terrific performance over the last two periods of Game 2, as he stopped 29 shots in the final 40 minutes and finished the game with 32 saves. He has led Chicago to seven straight victories, dating back to Game 6 against Vancouver in the conference semifinals. Things are definitely going the Hawks way. Only 6.1% (2 of 33) of teams that lost the first two games on the road, as the Flyers did in Chicago, have won the title. But, the Flyers overcame greater odds in the Eastern Conference semifinals against Boston. History told us that just 1.2% (2 of 161) of NHL teams had won a series after losing the first three games. Well they did!
The Flyers are comfortable at home where they are 7-1 since the start of the playoffs. "Obviously, not the way we wanted to start the series," Flyers captain Mike Richards said after Game 2. "But going home, I said all along, we played well there. We feel very comfortable playing there. So we have to go in and play like we have been lately." All they need is solid goaltending behind their strong defense. Flyers Goalie Michael Leighton was back in net after being pulled late in the second period of Game 1, he managed to stop 24 shots for the Flyers. If the Flyers play with urgency for a full 60 minutes in Game 3, they should be all right. The Flyers must continue to focus on the strong play they exhibited in Game 2's third period where they outshot the Hawks, 15-4, and outscored them, 1-0. They can also look back on how they were in a similar position against the Bruins. "There were a lot of close games in that series as well; a bounce here or a bounce there, and the games are going the other way," forward Jeff Carter said.
Recent Trends to Consider:
- Home team is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.
- Favorite is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings.
- Under is 3-1-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- Under is 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings in Philadelphia.
- Blackhawks are 4-13 in the last 17 meetings.
- Blackhawks are 0-8 in the last 8 meetings in Philadelphia.
- Blackhawks are 11-0 in their last 11 games as an underdog.
- Blackhawks are 11-0 in their last 11 games as a road underdog.
- Blackhawks are 4-0 in their last 4 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Blackhawks are 7-0 in their last 7 playoff games as an underdog of +110 to +150.
- Blackhawks are 5-0 in their last 5 playoff games as an underdog.
- Flyers are 10-1 in their last 11 games as a favorite.
- Flyers are 6-1 in their last 7 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Flyers are 6-1 in their last 7 games as a favorite of -110 to -150.
- Flyers are 5-1 in their last 6 games as a home favorite of -110 to -150.
Chicago Blackhawks vs Philadelphia Flyers
When: Wednesday June 02, 2010 8:00 PM ET
Pick: Flyers -140
Point-Spreads.com 2010 Stanley Cup Finals: Chicago Blackhawks vs Philadelphia Flyers Game 3 Odds & Predictions
The Bottom Line: The Hawks are in for a rough game. Go Flyers! Be sure to get your 2010 Stanley Cup Finals: Chicago Blackhawks vs Philadelphia Flyers Game 3 Odds & Predictions in now at BODOG.com and receive a 10% Deposit Bonus and start winning today!